- St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst (NSW)
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown (NSW)
- Campbelltown Hospital, Campelltown (NSW)
- Sydney Adventist Hospital, Wahroonga (NSW)
- Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville (VIC)
- Calvary North Adelaide Hospital, North Adelaide (SA)
Primary Investigator: A/Professor Elgene Lim
Clinical trial register: ACTRN12618000928213
An open-label, randomized, window of opportunity study between diagnosis and definite surgery, to assess the effect of endocrine therapies with and without progesterone (prometrium) in patients with early stage ER+PR+ breast cancer.
This ‘window’ study is examining a combination of hormone treatments that may be useful as pre-surgery treatment for breast cancer. Women with newly diagnosed ER positive PR positive breast cancer who are post-menopausal may be eligible for inclusion. Participants will be randomly allocated into one of three hormone treatment arms and will receive treatment for a two-week period in between an initial biopsy and breast surgery.